Samsung Android USB Driver for Windows
Samsung USB Driver is a Windows program that allows your computer to communicate with your Samsung Galaxy smartphone and tablet over USB. The driver is needed for transferring files, syncing data, and also for flashing the stock firmware using Odin.
Through this post, you can download the latest Samsung USB driver for Windows 10, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 7, and Windows XP computers. These drivers are compatible with all Samsung Galaxy mobile phones and tablets. Further, we will also show you how to install the Samsung USB Driver on Windows.
What is the use of Samsung USB Drivers?
Nowadays, you can easily share, sync, and transfer files wirelessly and through the cloud. But there’s no doubt that a physical USB connection is still the easiest and quickest way to transfer files between your device and your computer. Not just that, a USB connection also plays an indispensable role when flashing the stock firmware using Odin, debugging software, developing apps, working with ADB commands, and more.
For all these things, you will need to physically connect your device to the PC via a USB cable. In most cases, Windows should automatically detect the device and install the required drivers. But if your computer fails to recognize your Galaxy smartphone/tablet, then you need to download and manually install the required USB drivers on your computer.
The latest Samsung USB driver is compatible with all Android-based Samsung Galaxy mobile phones and tablets. These include:
- Galaxy S21, Galaxy S21+, and Galaxy S21 Ultra
- Galaxy S20, S20 Plus, S20 Ultra, and S20 FE
- Galaxy Note 20 and Note 20 Ultra
- Galaxy Z Fold 2, Galaxy Z Flip, and Galaxy Fold
- Galaxy S10, S10 Plus, S10e, and S10 Lite
- Galaxy Note 10, Note 10 Plus, and Note 10 Lite
- Galaxy Tab S7 and Tab S7+
- Galaxy Tab S6 and Tab S6 Lite
- Galaxy Tab S5 and Tab S5e
- Galaxy A10/A20/A30/A50/A51/A70/A71/A90
- Galaxy Xcover Pro
- Galaxy Note 9
- Galaxy S9/S9+
- and more.
Download Samsung USB Driver
Below, you will find the links to download the latest Samsung USB driver (v188.8.131.52), along with all the previous versions.
So, which version should you download? It’s strongly recommended to download the latest version at all times to avoid any issues and better compatibility with all new Samsung smartphones and tablets. However, if your computer still fails to recognize your device even after installing the latest driver, you might want to download and install the previous versions.
- Samsung USB Driver v184.108.40.206: Download link
- Samsung USB Driver v220.127.116.11: Download link
- Samsung USB Driver v18.104.22.168: Download link
- Samsung USB Driver v22.214.171.124: Download link
Note: If you’re using a macOS or Linux PC, you will not need any USB driver. Just connect your device to the PC and it will automatically detect your Samsung device.
How to Install Samsung USB Driver on Windows
- First, download the Samsung USB driver ZIP package on your PC.
- Extract the downloaded ZIP file using an archive tool like WinRAR or 7Zip.
- Open the extracted folder and double-click on the driver’s executable file (Samsung_USB_Driver_v126.96.36.199.exe).
- The Microsoft InstallWizard should now show up on your computer’s screen.
- Click “Yes” when prompted to allow User Account Control.
- Click “Next” in the driver installation window.
- Next, select your preferred language and country, and click “Next”.
- Choose the location on the PC where you want to install the drivers(Default is: C:\Program Files\Samsung\USB Drivers).
- Finally, click “Finish” once the installation completes.
Now that you have been able to download and install Samsung USB drivers, go ahead and connect your phone to the PC. Your Windows PC should automatically recognize your Galaxy smartphone or tablet automatically without any issues. You can now transfer files or use Odin to flash the firmware.